March 31, 2015
Jessica Jalbert of Faith Healer called in to chat about her new album with Renny Wilson, “Cosmic Troubles,” out this week on Mint Records. And Ryan out high school intern served as guest co-host.
- Jojo and the Fugitives – Chips-Chicken-Banana Split (Jamaica to Toronto)
- Courtney Barnett – Pedestrian at Best (Sometimes I Sit and Think…)
- Peach Kelli Pop – Panchito Blues (Bloodstains Across Ontario)
- Viet Cong – Oxygen Feed (Cassette)
- Freak Heat Waves – Nausea (s/t)
- Faith Healer – Acid (Cosmic Troubles)
- Tee Tahs – A Cups (Buzzkill)
- Renny Wilson – Lady Pain [Jay Arner Remix] (Sugarglider)
- The Zolas – You’re Too Cool (Tic Toc Tic)
- Christian Michael Jackson – What Does It Mean (J’ai Jamais Voter Pour Ca)
- Cyrillic Typewriter – Twisted Rope (Best Suit)
- Colleen Green – Deeper Than Love (I Want to Grow Up)
- Quarterbacks – Simple Songs (s/t)
March 24, 2015
Some groovy new numbers from some heavy hitters. Watch out, next thing you know I’ll be calling records “slabs-o’-wax.”
- Thee Oh Sees – Web (Mutilator Defeated At Last)
- Beach Boys – Workshop (Smile)
- Friendly Ghost – Cruising the Royale (No Way Jose EP)
- Tame Impala – Let it Happen (Let it Happen)
- Chromatics – I Can Never Be Myself When You’re Around (Dear Tommy)
- Faith Healer – Canonized (Cosmic Troubles)
- Creaks – Nerveless (Daydream 7″)
- Viet Cong – Continental Shelf (s/t)
- Toro Y Moi – Buffalo (What For?)
- Diet Cig – Breathless (Over Easy)
- Kenderick Lamar – King Kunta (To Pimp A Butterfly)
March 12, 2015
Thanks to all of our donors & supporters! We raised over $38k. You’re the best! Here, have some radio.
- Sea-Ders – Thanks A Lot (Waking Up Scheherazade)
- Michael Rault – Suckcess (Living Daylight)
- Mt Eerie – Books (Sauna)
- Little Wings – By Now (Explains)
- Dick Diver – Year in Pictures (Melbourne, Florida)
- Regular Fantasy – fel fine (w00000f) (Born on the
- Lower Dens – Ondine (Escape from Evil)
- Sylvan Esso – Uncatena (s/t)
- Hot Chip – Huarache Lights (Huarache Lights)
- Peach Kelli Pop – Princess Castle 1987 (PKPIII)
- Girlpool – Ideal World (Before the World Was Big)
- Tough Age – Nicholas Bragg (Play Cub’s Hot Dog Day)
- Johnny Marr – I Feel You (I Feel You RSD)
- Freelove Fenner – Mary (A Fixture Record Sampler)
March 5, 2015
The last day of FunDrive! Thanks so much to all those who’ve answered the call and donated to CiTR. If you haven’t had a chance, you still can! Visit our FunDrive page for details.
- The White Stripes – Hello Operator (De Stijl)
- COOL TV – I Can Handle That (I Can Handle That)
- sonic youth – kool thing (goo)
- The Fall – Pay Your Rate (Grotesque)
- Mavo – Totally Tired (A Fixture Records Sampler)
- Ata Kak – Daa Nyinaa (Obaa Sima)
- Roberto Cacciapaglia – Measurable Joys (The Ann Steel Album)
- Pender Street Steppers – Waitin’ Out The Rain (Life In The Zone)
- Freak Heat Waves – Bonnie’s State of Mind (Bonnie’s State of Mind)
- Sonny & the Sunsets – Baby Jokin’ (Talent Night at the Ashram)
- T-Rex – Life’s a Gas (Electric Warrior)
February 27, 2015
It’s that time of year again: FunDrive at CiTR Radio!
You can donate here: http://www.citr.ca/index.php/fundrive/donate-now/ You can also call in to pledge: 604-822-8648. Tell ’em Duncan’s Donuts sent you.
This year’s theme is “Let’s get digital.” The plan is to develop a new (much needed) website, one that will bring together Discorder magazine and CiTR under one internet roof at last. Additionally, we’ll be digitizing our archive of audio reels, which have sat mouldering in Studio B since the ’80s. Who knows what gems we’ll find in there? We recently did the same for DiSCORDER magazine. Every issue of DiSCORDER is now available for download from the UBC Library. How great is that!?
- ANY AMOUNT will be graciously accepted. If you donate even a measly dollar to my show, I will happily send you a link to a mixtape I made for this year’s FunDrive.
- If you can spare $60, you’ll get a limited edition, hand-drawn (by me) “I dream of DONUTS” T-shirt (limited to 25 and only available in Peach XL).
- And if you donate $250, I’ll DJ for you for three hours. This could be a wedding, a bat mitzvah, a product launch, a graduation party, a funeral, WHATEVER. Me and my musical stylings are YOURS for three hours.
- In addition to these, CiTR is offering a bunch of great swag, including toques, a cassette (called S.U.B. Pop) of live, broadcasted performances, scarves and more. Read all about the FunDrive here.
It’s a big time for CiTR. After many delays, we’re moving to our new station in April. As always, the station is a big part of my life. I’ve served on the board for a number of years and Duncan’s Donuts is entering its ninth (!) year. I’d really appreciate it if you saw fit to support the station again this year.